Share/Bookmark

Monday, December 31, 2007

Plans for Next Saturday - back to Algonquin Mountain on January 5th

Did not make it to the top yesterday - so have posted in the right sidebar slides that someone took who have made it snowshoeing all the way to the top - I hope to try again next Saturday. Anyone want to join me? The Upper Works Trailhead is 1/2 hour north of Long Lake, off Rt. 28N - details on this great hike (10 miles to the top) can be found at www.adirondackjourney.com. If we get as far as Lake Colden (5 miles in ) I will be happy, as the ascent up Mt. Algonquin is steep (2000 ft in 2 miles) but not un-doable. I will leave home here in Eagle Bay/Old Forge area at 5 - 5:30... with skis for the first mile, and snowshoes for the rest. Call me at 315.868.8436.
by the way, am initiating a weekly moonlit (headlamp) hike up Bald each week, meeting at the trailhead at 5:30 p.m. on Thursdays. Wine and cheese at the top - and dinner later at local hotspot.